II. 500 Leading Foresight Organizations – A Global List
This section lists roughly five hundred noteworthy organizations doing innovation, management, or forecasting-oriented foresight work around the world. Our list is divided into ten global regions, as depicted below. Our starter list is heavily US- and English-language centric. Please accept our apologies for that. We will try to increasingly correct this bias in future editions of the Guide.
There are an inspiring variety of organizational foresight activities today. As our digital platforms grow more powerful now every year, foresight professionals everywhere will increasingly be able to collaborate on problems and projects, post competitions, benchmark performance, teach each other methods, do experiments, start businesses, and advance our field in ways we can only imagine today.
We’ve weighted our starter list toward management and primary foresight consultancies, for those curious about gaining experience in foresight consulting, and for those who might have a project that could benefit from foresight consultants. Category numbers are rounded to the nearest ten. Where we know a foresight leader in these organizations, we’ve listed their name at the start of the description.
We hope this list inspires you to do your own further research. Want to help us expand it? Drop us a line, we’d love to work with you.
Finding Leading Foresight Orgs – Research Tips
- Look for lists (Businessweek, Fast Company, Forbes, MIT Technology Review, Inc, Wired, etc.) of the most innovative, fastest growing, strategic, “smartest”, most foresighted companies or organizations. These firms are often disrupting their industries.
- Pay for LinkedIn Premium, and use Advanced Search with “Company Name” + “Foresight” “Forecasting” “Trend” “Scenarios” “Innovation” etc. to find foresight-driven individuals and business units in various industries, and their sizes and locations. Do the same on Google.
- Search within a company’s website “Site:company.com” + your favorite foresight words in quotations, to find foresight leaders, forecasters, creatives, and innovators to connect with at your company of interest.
Foresight Organizations in Ten Regions of the Global Village
- N. America (USA, Canada, Greenland, Bermuda, Mexico, Central American and Caribbean nations)
- S. America (Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, Argentina, Falklands)
- Europe (EU states and neighboring nations)
- Middle East (Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Yemen)
- Africa (Morocco to Egypt to South Africa to Madagascar)
- North Asia (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan)
- Central Asia (China, Hong Kong, Mongolia)
- South Asia (India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh)
- East Asia (Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan)
- SE Asia & Oceania (Australia, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Micronesia)